⚠️ DISCLAIMERS ⚠️
- Sipher Odyssey, the game, is still under development. As such, all information within this document, including that related to game mechanics, design, economy, and blockchain assets is a Work In Progress (WIP), and subject to change.
- None of the information is financial advice, and you should never make any financial decisions based on the information presented in this document.
Feel free to share any comments, feedback, and suggestions on our Discord!
Players can customize their vessels with Equipment, which alters their appearance and playstyle. With many customization options, players can express their individuality and bring their characters to life. Additionally, each piece of equipment in the game affects the character's stats, such as Health, Movement Speed, Defense, and more.
There are two types of Equipment: Weapons and Gear.
Weapons are offensive equipment in Sipher Odyssey. Players can choose to bring two types of weapons to each dungeon: Ranged weapons and Melee weapons.
Ranged weapons, primarily guns, are the primary armament for vessels. Players can equip their vessels with only one ranged weapon before entering a dungeon.
There are various types of guns in Sipher Odyssey:
A gun that’s easy to use in most situations. Characterized by high fire rate, large ammo mags, medium accuracy, and low critical chance.
Medium-range dual guns, designed for hit-and-run playstyles. They have a lower damage per shot, but their high fire rate, large magazine sizes, and increased critical hit chances make up for this.
Considered utility guns, they are characterized by high damage per shot and lower fire rate and mag sizes. Make sure you aim right because each shot counts with these guns!
A pump-action gun that spreads several bullets per shot. It has a high damage output and high accuracy, but a shorter range and low fire rate. Great for getting close and personal.
A powerful gun that launches grenades that blast on impact. Great for mob control, and is characterized by its explosive damage per shot, low fire rate, and very small mag sizes.
Considered the secondary weapons for vessels. Just like ranged weapons, players can equip their vessels with only one melee weapon prior to entering a dungeon.
Each vessel race has its own exclusive melee weapon:
- INU → Katana
- NEKO → Whip
- BURU → Iron Fist
Gear in Sipher Odyssey is the defensive equipment that can be worn by vessels. This equipment not only changes the look of the vessel but also provides stats and augmentations.
Players can equip their vessels with the following gear:
The armor (top) offers superior survivability stats compared to other equipment.
The headgear grants stats that enhance survivability, albeit with less potency than the armor.
Gloves primarily enhance offensive stats.
The legs emphasize a balance between offensive and defensive capabilities, as well as utility stat types.
Similar to the legs, shoes prioritize offensive & defensive balance and provide utility-related stats.
Each piece of equipment has level and race requirements. As such, some equipment is exclusive to specific vessel races (for example INU’s Katana or NEKO’s Whip), while others are shared between different Races. The level requirement specifies the minimum level for any character to equip and can vary based on equipment type and rarity.
Additionally, each piece of equipment has its own set of generated augmentations, which are randomly generated at creation and contribute to their vessel's Augmentation Deck. Players can change their character’s equipment to directly influence the Augmentation Deck, adding another layer of strategy each dungeon run.
Furthermore, each equipment has a different rarity and power score that affects the vessel’s overall strength. For example, a rare piece of equipment may have a higher power score, making the character more powerful in battle. Players can choose to acquire high-powered equipment to increase their strength, or they can opt for a more balanced setup, allowing them to tackle a variety of challenges.
Each character will have a default loadout that can be upgraded to an extent. However, players must craft new pieces of equipment and continually upgrade them in order to progress further in the game more efficiently.
Equipment Crafting & Upgrading
Each of Sipheria's multiple worlds has a unique distribution of limited resources, which can be gathered and utilized in deep crafting systems. Crafting is an essential feature in Sipher Odyssey that allows players to create equipment and consumables by combining the necessary resources.
The crafting process begins with Blueprints, which contain the recipes to create the underlying equipment or consumables. Blueprints can be acquired from various activities such as weekly missions, bosses, events, and the Marketplace. In order to create an item, the player must consume the blueprint with the necessary crafting components & parts. Each blueprint is for one-time use, meaning players must find another blueprint to create the item again.
Other crafting components include Rarity Cores and Software.
- Rarity Cores are limited components obtained from bosses, events, or competitions. Equipment with a rarity higher than Common can only be created by having the required Rarity Core.
- Softwares are optional augment-infused components used on an equipment slot to override at least one of its augmentations. This component can help players improve their Augmentation Deck, meaning they are highly valuable.
All crafted equipment, including weapons and gear, has the following:
- Rarity → Starting from Common to Mythic, an equipment’s rarity determines the base potency of the equipment, along with its potential.
- Level Requirement → The minimum level required before a specific vessel can wear the equipment.
- Equipment Level (Current) → Newly crafted equipment will start at level 1 by default but can be upgraded further.
- Equipment Level (Max) → The maximum level that can be achieved for the equipment.
- Stats → Each equipment can contain two types of stats:
- Base Stats → These are considered an equipment’s primary stats. Each newly-crafted equipment has base stats, which will be the same on copies of the same equipment.
- Secondary Stats → These are additional stats that are not guaranteed on an equipment. If a player crafts an equipment that contains Secondary stats, these will be randomized based on the minimum and maximum ranges for each equipment.
- Augmentations → Each newly crafted equipment has its own set of augmentations, based on a predetermined maximum number per equipment type, and they are randomized upon creation. The augmentations from all pieces of equipment contribute to the player’s Augmentation Deck.
Note: Crafted equipment is not tradable by default; players must pay the Transmog fee to trade them on the Marketplace.
Newly crafted equipment starts at level 1 but can be upgraded and improved further. Players must use upgrade resources acquired from dungeons, missions, or events to achieve this.
Upgrading a piece of equipment will increase its level, which in turn increases its base stats. Additionally, every certain number of levels will unlock an upgrade to one of the equipment’s augmentations.
Equipment with secondary stats can also be refined. This process involves spending resources to reset the secondary stats and obtain a new randomized set. Note that the resources required for this process will increase each time the equipment is refined.
There are various elements within Sipher Odyssey, including Plants, Water, Fire, Earth, Electricity, Light, and Darkness.
Elemental attributes can be applied to weapons, gear, and even enemies. When applied on weapons, elements enhance the visual display and provide an increase in damage when attacking enemies weak to that particular element
Gears can come in sets that can be mixed and matched.
These sets provide vessels with additional stats and effects, depending on the achieved set tier. Tiers are determined by the number of set pieces equipped. Equipping more gears of a specific set will increase the tier achieved, with each tier providing additional stats and effects. Some exclusive sets provide extra stats and effects when used on specific characters.
Genesis Gear consists of enhanced variations of gear that are pre-equipped on each Genesis Character, providing improved stats and an early advantage for Genesis characters. This gear is soul-bound to each Genesis Character and cannot be traded independently on the marketplace by players. Instead, they must purchase the Genesis Character itself to acquire this gear. Once acquired, players may use this special gear on any other characters belonging to their account. If players list a Genesis Character on the Marketplace, the game will automatically re-equip all Genesis Gear attached to it prior to listing.
One-of-a-Kind Genesis Sets
There are also special one-of-a-kind (1/1) Genesis Gear sets, each limited to only one in existence. Like all Genesis Gear, these sets are soul-bound to their 1/1 Genesis Characters. As such, accounts possessing these characters can equip them on any of their characters. However, there is no way to craft these 1/1 gear sets, meaning that the only way to obtain them is by purchasing their respective Genesis Characters.