Ather Labs was born to embrace technology to build compelling gaming and entertainment experiences. Commonly dubbed as an evolutionary leap forward of the internet.
- We are a team with 160 members and growing.
- We are young and full of energy.
- We love gaming.
- We love amazing stories told through gaming and movies.
Ather Labs’ first game is SIPHER a lore-heavy Action RPG with a PVE Co-op Dungeon and PVP Battle Arena mode, designed for both casual and competitive players. The game is easy to pick up but hard to master.
Our founding team is based in Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam. However, we are an international group with hybrid roles, consisting of members from various backgrounds, including Vietnam, the US, Europe, Singapore, the Philippines, Puerto Rico, Indonesia, and more.
A bit about the role/company:
The economic balance lies at the heart of every free-to-play game. There will be dozens of values to tweak that can change the player’s perception of the utility and profitability of a system. The actions we expect you to take will directly affect the rate at which our players and investors will engage with our NFT distribution systems and content. You will learn our systems inside and out and be able to manage the flow of currency to increase profitability.
As Economy Designer you will be pivotal for meeting the product goals for Sipher. We expect you to be responsible for all aspects referenced below and to report to the Game Product Lead.
This is an opportunity for any designer to interact with a new and cutting-edge company that is paving the way for blockchain-based gaming to become mainstream. You should have a passion for paving the way for crypto-based gaming economies and have experience with the traditional free-to-play gaming economies we’re looking to free players from.
You will have the opportunity to:
- Work with a highly experienced team
- Solve never before solved game design challenges as we work together to create a truly groundbreaking gaming experience
- Take a pre-existing high-level game economy design and improve it with monetization strategies and details to pre-existing features
- Collaborate with the design team and developers to successfully implement and tune economic and monetization content into the product
- Manage the economy and pricing of all content within the game with in-depth macroeconomic models
- Manage the balance between player-generated vs developer generated content while keeping positive progression and play-and-earn philosophy at the core of your design
- 2+ years of experience with economy design or mobile game monetization
- Proficient in analytical thinking and problem solving
- Strong quantitative skills (e.g. the skill set to translate the design into numbers)
- Expertise in Excel or Sheets
- Familiarity analyzing and interpreting player data
- An entry-level understanding of the blockchain
- An interest in Play-to-Earn game design
- Strong understanding of the Free-to-Play market and MOBA
- Experience in Python
- Blockchain basic knowledge
- Marketplace platform experience
- Mathematical or Analytical background
Working hours & Benefits 💟
- Follow VN working hours and VN Holidays if you’re in Vietnam. Flexible if you’re remote.
- Competitive salary, 13th-month salary + Bonus yearly depending on company performance.
- Unique Growth & Performance evaluation every 6 months.
- Full benefits and salary during probation.
- Meal and parking allowance are covered by the company.
- PVI Premium health care & accident insurance; gifts and allowances for Weddings, having babies, Women’s day, and Children's day.
- A fun & dynamic environment and freedom to be creative.
- Daily & Weekly all-hands meeting with Team via Google Meet (until Covid situation changes).
- Modern & fun office in 📍 Miss Aodai Building, District 1, Ho Chi Minh.
- Head Office HCM: 3rd Floor, Miss Ao Dai Building, 21 Nguyen Trung Ngan, Ben Thanh Ward, D.1, HCM
- Hanoi: 7th Floor, Lancaster Building, 20 Nui Truc, Ba Dinh, Ha Noi
- Danang: 11 Floor, G8 Building, 65 Hai Phong, Hai Chau, Da Nang
We want to get to know you and would love for you to consider joining us. Please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us on Telegram at @Sunny_AtherLabs.